Dog lovers find it a necessity to groom their dear pets, so whether they do it at home by themselves or bring their dogs for a grooming session at a pet salon, dog grooming clippers are found to be the most convenient tool in cutting the dog’s hair in the shortest time.
Let’s consider some points on how to buy grooming tools for your pets. Of course, two of the things most of us will first take into account are the price and functionality. At Amazon.com, the companies Andis and Oster have a variety of dog grooming clippers which can shipped free of charge. They have great deals that offer 25% to 45% savings. We shall discuss the features and comparison of these products later.
For those who prefer to do the grooming by themselves, the next thing that may be considered on how to buy these tools is convenience and safety. We always prefer stuff that we could bring anywhere we go and comes very handy. The weight and dimension of the tool will be a determining factor on this.
In terms of price, Andis 22215 2-Speed Detachable Plus Pet Clipper and Oster 78004 Powermax 2-Speed Clippers offer the cheapest at $122.33 and $112.17 per unit, respectively. However, if you will consider the ranking in Amazon’s Bestseller in Pet Supplies, it is the Andis 22360 AGC Super 2-Speed Professional Animal Clipper with Locking Blade that ranks above the others (at #130).
On the other hand, the weight of both brands ranges from 1 lb. to 2.3 lbs. The products only differ in dimension but all six are convenient to carry anywhere.
Features of Andis Dog Grooming Clippers:
• 4×4 blade drive and high speed motor
• Clipper comes with either super locking blade or #10 blade
• A case or housing that is break-resistant and handy
• Designed and manufactured for super fast cutting and long-term use
• UltraEdge or CeramicEdge blades may be used, but sold separately
• Removable blade caps that are easy to clean
• Weight ranges from 1.57 – 2.3 lbs
• One year warranty
Features of Oster Dog Grooming Clippers:
• Blade system: detachable for fast and easy changing of blades
• Powerful rotary motor
• Has CryogenX blade (AgION coating to reduce bacteria)
• Has either 1-speed or 2-speed clippers that offers versatility for pet grooming
• Weight ranges from 1-2 lbs.
Now that we have an idea on stuff to consider on how to buy grooming tools, let’s check out some of the reviews posted by the consumers.
Most of the reviews are positive especially for Andis grooming tools. Compared with Oster, some have complained that Oster brands tend to heat up the blades easily so there’s still a need to use a coolant. Andis on the other hand works well even on long-haired dogs and there is little tendency of clogging on the blades. It is also more quiet compared with some of the Oster brands.
For a detailed review, here are the links to some dog grooming clippers available at Amazon.com:
* Andis 22360 AGC Super 2-Speed Professional Animal Clipper with Locking Blade
* Andis UltraEdge AGC Super 2-Speed Animal Clipper
* Andis 22215 2-Speed Detachable Plus Pet Clipper
* Oster A5 Turbo 2-Speed Professional Animal Clipper
* Oster 78005 Golden A5 Single-Speed Clippers
* Oster 78004 Powermax 2-Speed Clippers